Unable to make API calls when running Collect

I keep getting the following warning message when I try to get a blank form from my google drive, "Unable to make API calls. If you are running a local build, please review the project read me." What could I be doing wrong?

That means you build ODK Collect on your own (it's not from Google Play)? and you need to follow the instruction. Am I right?

1 Like

Probably, I changed the logo using apk editor, i'll try again with the default version and give you a feedback. Thanks.

I have a similar problem too.
Please I need assistance on how to setup KoboCollect to use Google Sheets as a server. I was able to deploy and download xml file from the Google Drive but I could not send finalized forms (completed interview) to Google Sheets. I’ll appreciate any useful guide on how to do this.
Best regards.

Ogah

Hi @OGAH_I.G

if you use Kobo please ask there https://community.kobotoolbox.org/

Thank you @Grzesiek2010 .
I had a similar problem on ODKCollect too.
Please see the attachment.

" Please I need assistance on how to setup ODKCollect to use Google Sheets as a server. I was able to deploy and download xml file from the Google Drive but I could not send finalized forms (completed interview) to Google Sheets. I’ll appreciate any useful guide on how to do this."

It's probably the same issue Error 400 Bad Request "failed_precondition" on Collect to Google sheets - #5 by Grzesiek2010 and the same solution would solve it.
Here is the answer Error 400 Bad Request "failed_precondition" on Collect to Google sheets - #5 by Grzesiek2010
and one post below.