Upload data without seperate aggregate program

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I try to upload data from surveys, but I have not installed an aggregate program (I use the https://sandbox.aggregate.opendatakit.org). But I have problems with uploading the data to my laptop.
The error I receive is 'Generic exception: error: not found (404) at https://sandbox.aggregate.opendatakit.org/submission?deviceID=android_id%3A812bc47634a5640f

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
I use a samsung tablet.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
Don't know what to do

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

Hey @skruid. I don't fully understand what you're trying to do. Are you using an app like Collect to fill out forms/surveys and then are trying to upload from that? Would you be able to walk me through the problem you're having step by step?

The Aggregate sandbox server is for demo purposes only. All forms and data on this server are public and are deleted every 24 hours without notice.

The documentation the above detail as well as instructions for various installation options.

If you want to pull submissions directly from your tablet to your laptop, you can consider using Briefcase.

Hey Seadowg and Danbjoseph,

Thank you for your responses.

@seadowg, that is correct. I used the app 'Collect' to fill out surveys and I am trying to upload them. I tried to install aggregate before starting the surveys, but somehow that did not work on my laptop, even though I followed the instructions (macbook). I am trying to get the data from the surveys in 1 excell file, but I don't have the aggregate program.

@danbjoseph I will try to upload the data directly from my tablet to my laptop.

Or do you think it would be possible to somehow download an aggregate program on my macbook to upload the data from the surveys to that? Or do I need to do it all over again because I used the Aggregate sandbox?

What do you recommend? To upload the data through aggregate or to pull the submissions directly from the tablet to my laptop?

Thanks!!

Setting up an Aggregate server might be a bit too much work - it isn't something you can just set up on a Macbook really. For what you're doing I'd recommend either pulling the surveys off the tablet directly or using Collect's Google Drive integration. I found this documentation really useful for understanding the different options for getting submissions out of Collect. Hopefully that helps!

Okay! Thank you! That will help!
And for the next step, to analyse the data, can I put all the data together in one excel sheet?

Sorry for the late repkly @skruid. Did you work out how to do this? If you used the Google Drive integration you end up with submissions in one Google Sheet - this can be exported to an Excel file. I'd recommend going down that route.