What's your favorite book and why?

The Tao of Pooh is one of my favorite books. I read it almost 20 years ago and it helped me put a name to my apparently Taoist tendencies.

“The surest way to become Tense, Awkward, and Confused is to develop a mind that tries too hard - one that thinks too much.”

What's your favorite book? And why?

5 Likes

A Tale of Two Cities. I somehow skipped it when I was in highschool, but read it when it was on my daughter's required list. fyi.... I've put The Tao of Pooh in my Amazon cart :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Enjoying these off-topic bits at the moment during my 'busy season'

Its not possible for me to do a favorite book, I can do my most influential; The Hobbit. This introduced me to a sense of adventure very early in life that I never let go off.

Completely unrelated in type (and not a favorite all time) but I just got done reading "The subtle art of not giving a F$*@" on my last flight, and was actually surprised at how good it was.

2 Likes

My list always fluctuates, but this one is always near the top. TLDR: Our attitude and vision for the future can have a direct outcome on our daily life.

Anyone can check out & read a digital version from the Internet Archive lending library.

3 Likes

I like all the books of steven spielberg because the story give me thriller as well as horror sensation.

I'm liking Thomas Keller's "ad hoc at home." I highly recommend the caramelized sea scallops.

1 Like

I like the Frankenstein character though. This is classical but still interesting sci-fi. My fav is the "Frankenstein, or the Modern Prometheus" on apknite free ebooks. The story is fascinating.

My favorite Book is The Secret . Everything possible according to this book. :slight_smile:

Flowers for Algernon, by Daniel Keyes. Solid story, solid critique of societal norms (of the time, and even now), memorable, and made me feel intense feelings.

1 Like