Hi ODKers! The DIAL Open Source Center has launched another round of funding support for open source projects who have "work that have traditionally been neglected or unfinished". We have plenty of important and unfinished work on ODK, so I wanted to highlight this opportunity!
You can find out more this round at http://www.osc.dial.community/grants.html. The application deadline is May 31st, 2018. The caveat for this round is that ODK can only submit one proposal.
Some project ideas:
- Study and suggest improvements to popular widgets to improve data quality (@DalerHoda)
- Ship specified improvements to the geo widgets (@IvanGayton)
- Ship refinements to repeat group navigation (@TomSmyth)
- Professionally design a logo and visual identity
- Organize and lead a sprint around documentation
- Organize and lead a sprint around the website
Do you and/or your organizations have ideas? Share them below to get the conversation started. Once there are some concrete suggestions, we can decide what is the best for the community and submit that one. The funding would go directly from DIAL to the individual(s) or group(s) doing the work.
@downey and @daveycrockett are both a part of DIAL and can answer questions about the opportunity. You can also review the discussion we had about this program the last time we applied (and @martijnr was funded!)