Guatemala?

Does anyone know of a project using/that used ODK in Guatemala? I didn't see Guatemala listed in the deployments link here: https://opendatakit.org/about/deployments/

We're considering ODK for a project here and would like to make the case there there is some local capacity.

@Oscar_Orozco do you know?

3 Likes

Hi Adam,

Do you mean, you are looking for someone at Guatemala to develop your project? If you are interested to learn, this community will be more than happy to assist you. If you are from different background and not interested to learn, you may hire someone, then you can report on ODK marketplace. If you are looking for a volunteer, then I believe you are in a right place to ask one of us for volunteering. I believe some of us will be interested to volunteer for providing training or so. However, for paid technical assistance your post will be fall under a different category.

Thanks,
Imran

1 Like

I might not have posted this in the right category. If there is a better
place for this let me know.

I guess am looking for two things here: one some examples of ODK projects
done in Guatemala and two Guatemalan firms or individuals who have done
this work.

Thanks for the help!

Marketplace threads close automatically so I moved the conversation to community, apologies for any confusion that may have caused!

I believe the Guatemalan Red Cross uses ODK extensively and trains its volunteers with it. The latest evidence of this I can find is http://adore.ifrc.org/Download.aspx?FileId=167986 They may be able to connect you with local resources.

If you haven’t already, I also recommend doing a quick web search for “Guatemala Open Data Kit” as that turns up several promising leads.

3 Likes

Hi! Adam. I'm from Guatemala, and I'm using ODK for projects at work in National Coffee Association - ANACAFE - since 2014 in a USAID Project called Rural Value Chains Project.

Currently I'm using it for the base line survey of "PROCAGICA", an initiative of the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and Dominican Republic.

My email is oscar.ooo@outlook.com

1 Like