How ODK is being used by local government in SA

I'd be very interested in learning more how ODK is being used by local government in SA; please do share more. :slight_smile:

Hello Gareth,
We have been provided data collection services and data presentation platforms using ODK for a range of projects including:

• Sanitation: Auditing of the construction of VIP toilets
  • Housing: Monitoring the construction of low cost housing projects
  • Civil Engineering: Site diaries and progress monitoring on large Civil Engineering projects
  • Environmental management: Monitoring of sewer and water incidents on rivers
  • Environmental and Health and Safety auditing: ISO compliant audits for various organisations
  • Asset management: Data capture and analysis for both movable and infrastructure assets
  • Community satisfaction surveys

Let me know if you would like any further information.

Regards
Paul

2 Likes

Ha! I think @tomsmyth might be interested to see and compare some of your toilet inspection forms... :grin:

So no joke now, I am very interested to learn how you are going about asset management with ODK/Collect/Aggregate tool stack; specifically tying (standalone) 'surveys' - aka forms/inspections - against very specific fixed asset data... This is quite related to how we might go about conducting longitudinal surveys (basically 're-inspections') against previously acquired, known data entities using ODK.

Hello,
We have spent a bit of time modifying ODK collect for our purposes and manage the "longitudinal surveys" with a combination of the items below.

1. An asset register is compiled with a well structured location hierarchy and this is accessed via a csv file
  2. If we have good GIS data we can use this in a spatial view and can select a geofeature by clicking it on the map
  3. All data posted back to the server is verified before updating the asset register/inspection register and the csv files are automatically regenerated.
  4. Modified csv data is then synchronised when the form is next opened
1 Like