1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.
I am trying to use the search function with an external CSV file.
SELECT_ONE ....... SEARCH('STREETS.CSV')
It's working, but I have 8k lines in this CSV file, so, when I open the form question on the Collect App, it freezes for 5 or 6 seconds before showing the list with the streets. When I start typing it filters the street names perfect.
My problem is with the freezing. Is there a way to not pre load all street names and only start showing results after 3 or 4 characters?
2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.
3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?
I've tried autocomplete('csvfile') with no success
I've tried the minimal appearance - It doesn't let me search, just gives me a dropdown list
I've tried select_one_from_file csvfile.csv - It doesn't load the CSV file
I've tried select_one_external csvfile.csv - It doesn't load the CSV file
4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?
Just try to search on a external CSV file with 8k lines.
5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.