The Other Item in the field list is not working as expected

1. What is the problem? Be very detailed.

I have created a .xslx form file containing a field list with an option to select an 'Other' item. When the 'Other' item is selected it should show a textbox afterwards on the next page. However this is not happening when I test it via Android ODK Collect app. I suspect my form is coded incorrectly but I cannot see where I have made a mistake???

2. What app or server are you using and on what device and operating system? Include version numbers.

I am using ODK Collect for Android latest version. I am hosting the files via my Google Sheets/Google Drive.

3. What you have you tried to fix the problem?

I have tried searching through the forum and adding a 'allow_choice_duplicates' yes option in the settings worksheet. I have created the form using ODK Build but looks the same to me...

4. What steps can we take to reproduce the problem?

See attached .xslx file. You can create XML file from that and upload test form to use via ODK Collect.

5. Anything else we should know or have? If you have a test form or screenshots or logs, attach below.

I have attached a copy of my .xslx form.

TestOther.xlsx (238.0 KB)

use this selected(${Switchboard}, 'OTHER')

Hi Arif

Thankyou so much this worked! I am so grateful to you.

The ODK Build tool is not outputting this code when I save the XLSFORM from it which is what confused me. Does this mean the ODK Build needs a fix?

It's not a bug ODK Build doesn't understand such an expression you would need to use something like:
selected( /TestOther/Switchboard , 'OTHER')
it's better to use xls although at first it might seem more difficult it's easier to perform some calculations etc.