Trouble With Recording Audio in ODK Form on Asus Tablets

Hello,

I'm trying to build some M&E forms that include getting an audio quote from a respondent. I think I've followed the proper guidelines for making Audio-Type questions in XLSForm. When form is loaded to the devices and the form gets to the audio question, the tablet launches the built-in Sound Recorder app to record the audio, but when trying to do so always notes either "Unable to access USB storage" or "Unable to access SD card". The Sound Recorder App works fine when not using it via ODK Collect. I wanted to try and delete the built-in sound app and try something else, but am having trouble removing it from the device. Tablets being used are Asus Memo Pad 7s (4.3) and 8s (4.4.2).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.

The RecForge sound recorder should work. Try installing the free Lite
version first. When the ODK Collect form tries to record a sound, it should
prompt you for the application to use to do that. Choose the RecForge app
and see if that works.

If an app is pre-installed, you generally cannot remove it. All you can do
is install an equivalent replacement, then choose to always use that
replacement.

If the RecForge Lite works, you will probably want to upgrade to the paid
version, as the RecForge Lite has a limited recording interval.

··· On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 4:14 AM, wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to build some M&E forms that include getting an audio quote
from a respondent. I think I've followed the proper guidelines for making
Audio-Type questions in XLSForm. When form is loaded to the devices and the
form gets to the audio question, the tablet launches the built-in Sound
Recorder app to record the audio, but when trying to do so always notes
either "Unable to access USB storage" or "Unable to access SD card". The
Sound Recorder App works fine when not using it via ODK Collect. I wanted
to try and delete the built-in sound app and try something else, but am
having trouble removing it from the device. Tablets being used are Asus
Memo Pad 7s (4.3) and 8s (4.4.2).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.

--

Unsubscribe: opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"ODK Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to opendatakit+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
Mitch Sundt
Software Engineer
University of Washington
mitchellsundt@gmail.com

Thank you. That worked for me. I had installed another recording program in
an earlier workaround attempt and, for whatever reason, it wasn't prompting
me as to which program I wanted to use to record sound. But with RecForge
it does allow me to choose to record with it. Success!

··· On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at 9:37:29 PM UTC+3, Mitch Sundt wrote: > > The RecForge sound recorder should work. Try installing the free Lite > version first. When the ODK Collect form tries to record a sound, it should > prompt you for the application to use to do that. Choose the RecForge app > and see if that works. > > If an app is pre-installed, you generally cannot remove it. All you can do > is install an equivalent replacement, then choose to always use that > replacement. > > If the RecForge Lite works, you will probably want to upgrade to the paid > version, as the RecForge Lite has a limited recording interval. > > > On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 4:14 AM, <gpap...@gmail.com > wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> I'm trying to build some M&E forms that include getting an audio quote >> from a respondent. I think I've followed the proper guidelines for making >> Audio-Type questions in XLSForm. When form is loaded to the devices and the >> form gets to the audio question, the tablet launches the built-in Sound >> Recorder app to record the audio, but when trying to do so always notes >> either "Unable to access USB storage" or "Unable to access SD card". The >> Sound Recorder App works fine when not using it via ODK Collect. I wanted >> to try and delete the built-in sound app and try something else, but am >> having trouble removing it from the device. Tablets being used are Asus >> Memo Pad 7s (4.3) and 8s (4.4.2). >> >> Any insight would be greatly appreciated. >> >> Thanks much. >> >> -- >> -- >> Post: opend...@googlegroups.com >> Unsubscribe: opendatakit...@googlegroups.com >> Options: http://groups.google.com/group/opendatakit?hl=en >> >> --- >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups >> "ODK Community" group. >> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an >> email to opendatakit...@googlegroups.com . >> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. >> > > > > -- > Mitch Sundt > Software Engineer > University of Washington > mitche...@gmail.com >