Helping Coordinate Translations

(Kate Chapman) #1

Hi All, I'm helping coordinate translations. Please post in here if you are interested in translating ODK software or documentation. I'm still getting up to speed on everything but I can add people in Transifex and help you get started.

I speak German and Indonesian at an intermediate level, so I'll probably not be contributing any translations directly myself.

Terima Kasih and Danke!

Quick ways to contribute
(Dave Briccetti) #2

Hah. I’ve been doing too much graphics programming. I read that as coordinate (noun) translations, as in from world to device coordinates.

(Naseem Akbarzai) #3

Hello Kate Chapman,
I am from Afghanistan. I can help translating ODK to Pashto and Dari.

Thank you

Hi, I can help with the Spanish translation of the apps.

(Yaw Anokwa) #5

@AlbertoB and @naseem.akbarzai For ODK Collect, you can get started by going to https://www.transifex.com/opendatakit/collect and signing up for your language. Can you try that and report back if you run into any problems?

(Kate Chapman) #6

Thanks @yanokwa I was having problems figuring out where I saw the request for the Pashto and Dari translations.

@naseem.akbarzai let me know if it works for you.

(Naseem Akbarzai) #7

@yanokwa @wonderchook, Thank you both. I added Pushto and Persian( Dari is same but name different here in Afghanistan). I am ready to start working on it ASAP.

Please let me know if anything more needed to proceed.

I have joined the team but it says there 0 strings to translate. The translations I have seen are not very good are "services" but cannot find them in transifex.

(Hélène Martin) #9

That's fantastic, @naseem.akbarzai! They should be ready for you to start translating at https://www.transifex.com/opendatakit/collect/translate/. You can set the language at the top from the pulldown (requires an account).

@AlbertoB The Spanish translators are very active so all strings have a translation. You should be able to search for the string that doesn't seem right and then propose a change. Here's what it looks like for me:

(Hélène Martin) #10

A post was split to a new topic: Adding context to particular strings

(Edmond Tiendrebeogo) #11

Hi @wonderchook I want to help translate documentation in French .