A few months ago, we announced a new ODK 1 server called ODK Central. Central does not yet have all the functionality of ODK 1 servers, but it does the basics of hosting forms and submissions very well.
We have made a lot of progress on Central and I'm thrilled to announce today that it is moving from alpha to beta!
Central betas are an opportunity to get community feedback on ongoing work, so head to https://docs.opendatakit.org/central-intro and follow the instructions to try it out on our sandbox or your own machine!
The highlights for this release are:
- Upload forms with multiple attachments
- View form submissions in browser
- Benchmarked performance on low-cost hardware
We've also made some other improvements:
- Added links to docs in user interface
- View system status and introduction on home-page
- Accounts stay logged in across tabs/sessions
- Use a self-supplied/custom SSL on your infrastructure
@clint, @Matthew_White, and @LN have done incredible work making Central's user interface fast and fluid. It's hard to put into words how nice it is so I made a quick movie of the form attachments interface.
Pretty awesome right? I encourage you to try it out yourself at https://docs.opendatakit.org/central-intro.
Special thanks to @Florian_May and @Xiphware for their detailed feedback. Remember, you don't have to let them have all the fun! Try Central and put your feedback in a comment below We are particularly interested in answers to the following questions.
- What, if anything, was confusing?
- What missing feature is preventing you from using this for your next project?